I’m very proud to let you Guys know that http://lanternpost2012.wordpress.com/ has nominated me for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’. I completely didn’t expect anything like this, especially so soon after I started my blog. I am new to this and so I hope that I do this right! I was feeling a little worried about blogging not long ago, scared that I wouldn’t be witty enough to post a blog. But this has restored a lot of my confidence. If someone has noticed me then I must be doing something right (I hope).
I understand that the rules of this award are:
- Post seven interesting things about myself,
- Nominate other bloggers who I feel deserve the award,
- Let them know about nomination.
So, here goes! Seven interesting things about myself (I apologize now if anyone reading this doesn’t find these facts remotely ‘interesting’ but I find it hard to talk about myself):
- I don’t like chicken
- I can speak substantial German, but I’m far from fluent
- I have only been on a plane once
- My last pet was a dog called Harvey when I was around 11/12 years old
- I have serious issues with germs & touching things (I don’t tell many people that one)
- I volunteer for the Guide Dogs for the Blind association – a charity which aims to raise money to pay for the cost of a guide dog for the people in need of one in my area, guide dogs are extremely expensive!
- I have met Sally from Coronation Street (Those outside of the UK may not understand this. Sally is a character on a long running British soap opera).
There we go, that wasn’t so painful after all … I did struggle with a few of them though but I changed the order in the hope that none of you will notice.
It is my absolute pleasure to also nominate the following blogs for this award: